Thursday, January 29, 2009

I love quotes

I have several quote books, like ones i've put together myself, collected over the years.

Here are some recent ones I came across, that i'd like to share.

I'm reading - spiratically - Don't Sweat the Small Stuff. Mom got it for me awhile ago and i've read it a couple times. Its good stuff. And really helps to keep me positive on those days that I just don't think I can handle it. Thanks mom :)
So here are a couple good ones I took from that book.

Don't sweat the small stuff, and its all small stuff. An obvious one, but sometimes its just so hard to keep myself reminded of this. I get so worked up some times, its hard to just stop and say how important is this really. Some times I swear i'm OCD, a little, or something. Like when the kids don't put the dishes away where I like them, I can never find stuff I need. Or when they don't actually clean them, that one drives me nuts, I really don't mind doing them myself, I just wish they were better about not putting so much food in the sink with the dishes, like 1/2 a bowl of oatmeal and spoons of jelly. Now I completely understand why dad use to nag us about rinsing our dishes. I even put up a sign for awhile above my sink, didn't help. Its small stuff I guess. I have to pick and choose my battles. Sometimes I just feel like doing them myself is giving in, I should be the dish Natzi and stand there and make them redo them all until they are perfect. But what fun would that be, and i'm not sure I have that much energy. I don't remember getting the memo about how mentally taxing being a parent is. But very rewarding, especially when that cute little blue eyed 2 yr old says he 'loves me'. there lets end it on a positive note.



Change the things that can be changed, accept those that cannot, and have the wisdom to know the difference. Now that has got to be one of the hardest things to do right. Besides who's definition of what should be changed. I know people who just cant accept that maybe others live different ways of live then they do and that that is perfectly fine. I'm a pretty easy going non judgemental type person, I say if someone is happy then let them be, as long as they are not doing something that any sane person can agree is so wrong like hurting little kids. So, change the things that can be changed, I think that maybe the hardest part right there. I am a complainer, and i'm lazy. I think even if I had no money problems and all my friends family around all the time, anything I wont, I'd be one of those people who just still wasnt content. I working on that-its one of my new years resolutions, being happy, its a hard one for me. Angie my psych friend, explain that one to me, why wont i just let myself be happy. We wont go there, not today. Ok, accept those that cannot, I'd like to say i'm an accepting person, but I think we all judge, judge those that are different, sad. I'm working on that too, being positive! I even have a couple of those 'complaint free world' bracelettes, that are suppose to remind you to not to complain and then when you do you switch it to the other wrist, and i guess if you dont have to switch it for a certain amount of days then you've formed a habbit of being more positive. I didnt get very far. The wisdom to know the difference, where does this wisdom come from, meditation (b/c i dont have the time or the quiteness for this), experience, where the dollar store-b/c i havent seen it there. Anyway i really like this quote.



We cannot do great things on this earth, we can only do small things with great love. Mother Teresa said this.
A wise woman. I'm a believer in this. That the small things are the things that really count. Your kindness towards others. Your love for your children. Its the small things that make me smile daily.

Nothing is more important than your sense of happiness and inner peace and that of your loved ones. Wow. we forget this one so often. I have to remind myself of this one when i'm yelling at the kids about chores not getting done. How hard it is to remember that happiness is so very important, it makes life so much easier.

The purpose of life isn't to get it all done but to enjoy each step along the way and live a life fille with love. That is all I really want. But i forget it often. I really do want a simpler easier way of life. I dont need constant stimulation, tv, radio... These days things are just so electronic, sometimes all the noise hurts my head. I've gotten use to sleeping with the tv on, its not something I did as a child, we'll I didnt have a tv in my room, i'm glad I didnt. I feel I get a better sleep when its quite. Tim sleeps with the tv on, he comes home in the middle of the night and turns it on, usually waking me. Nadja sleeps with the fan on high, so the girls have that noise and the tv blaring over it. No wonder i can hardly drag lily out of bed in the a.m. Just so much noise, you have that with kids. There is always a tv and or radio on. When we were in jordans room the other day jordan had the cd player on and tim turned on the tv, i could hardly think. I guess i'm getting old. I still like to blare the radio in the car but only when its something I like. And I sure do have to turn it down when the commercials come on or when I have to try and talk to someone. yes i said try to talk to someone. Sometimes tim turns up the radio when i am talking to him.. Angie i need ya again, why do guys (especially mine) like to tune women out when they talk to them, is all they hear is the nagging? Sometimes I just think tim's brain processes on a different level., like he cant think when its quite. He does process kinda slow, he's definitly a martian.
I think i want to move to a little cottage in the country, a foriegn one where i dont have to talk to people b/c i dont speak the language. I could have a garden and be outside all the time, and....who am i kidding i'd miss my internet. ha.



These quotes were in the front of the book im reading.


I keep saying to myself, "What is it? It's something. It can't be nothing! I don't know its name so I call it Magic. . . . Sometimes since I've been in the garden I've looked up through the trees at the sky and I have had a strange feeling of being happy as if something were pushing and drawing in my chest. . . .Magic is always pushing and drawing and making things out of nothing. Everything is made out of magic, leaves and trees, flowers and birds, badgers and foxes and squirrels and people. So it must be all around us. In this garden-in all places. -Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
See why I want a garden. I love this movie! That big house w/ the secret rooms and the secret garden, it was so cool. I haven't read the book yet, but I have it, so soon.
I do believe in magic, and fairys too.


There may be no such thing as the "glittering central mechanism of the universe" to be seen behind a glass wall at the end of the trail. Not machinery but magic may be a better description of the treasure that is waiting. -Astrophysicist John A Wheeler
Sounds good to me.

You must do the thing that you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt
Again i'm lazy, unmotivated, a follower not so much a leader. I'm working on the whole do the thing you think you cant. Someday.

From Across the Universe ( i rewatched it recently, i really like that movie, the two leads, i really like them, Evan Rachel Wood, and that hottie, i cant think of his name)

The quote is, Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore, play it loud enough and it keeps the demons at bay.
Good stuff, I love loosing myself in music, I dont do it enough. another thing to add to my new years resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment